The Connectathon 2017 takes place at Terminal 103, the crown-jewel of the Marittima Passenger Port in Venice.
The congress centre is located in close proximity to the Piazzale Roma so that you can get to the historical city centre in only 2 minutes using the so-called People Mover. It is accessible by road thanks to the Ponte della Libertà bridge and situated at short distance from both the Marco Polo International Airport and the railway station.
Overlooking the fascinating Marittima Basin and thus also accessible by water, Terminal 103 has various parking lots, being the ideal choice for incentive professionals who are looking for a modern and technologically well-equipped location adjacent to the historical city.
The Port of Venice is only:
- 500 meters from Piazzale Roma
- 1 km from Saint Lucia railway station
- 13 km from the International Airport Marco Polo of Venice
- 25 km from the International Airport Treviso Canova
- 10 km from the highways and exits that lead to Milan, Trieste, Belluno/Cortina, Padova/Bologna
- 20 minutes by boat from Piazza San Marco
How to Get There
- Follow the road signs to the Venezia Centre;
- Cross the Ponte della Libertà causeway connecting Venice to the mainland;
- Turn right at the end of the bridge at the first traffic light;
- Go ahead for 200 meters until you reach the stop sign; In front of you, you will see the entry to the Port of Venice marked by a sign saying “Autorità Portuale di Venezia – Venezia Terminal Passeggeri S.p.A”; Enter the port area;
- Take the first exit at your right at the end of the Ponte della Libertà for Terminal 103; Go straight for 200 meters until you reach the stop sign; You will then see the entry to the Port of Venice.
From the Airport
The Venice Marco Polo International Airport is located only 13 km from the lagoon city.
Reach the Port of Venice by:
- Taxi (approx. 20 minutes)
- Water taxi (approx. 60 minutes)
- Water shuttle (approx. 80 minutes)
- Public bus or tram stopping at Piazzale Roma near the Port of Venice (approx. 20 minutes)
From the Railway Station
From the Venezia Mestre railway station (10 km from Venice) you can reach the Port of Venice by:
- Taxi (approx. 10 minutes)
- Public bus stopping at Piazzale Roma near the Port of Venice
From the Venezia St. Lucia railway station (Venice historical centre):
- Public water bus (vaporetti) to P.le Roma (1 stop) where you can take the People Mover (see below) or a taxi (see further instructions from P.le Roma)
- Water taxi directly to the cruise terminals
From Piazzale Roma
Piazzale Roma is the only part of the city that is accessible by car. There, you will also find an information point for public buses and vaporetti as well as taxi stations and guarded parking areas.
The cruise and ferry terminals can be reached by:
- People Mover (approx. 3 minutes); This new public transportation system made of a land funicular and departing every 8 minutes between 7:00 and 23:00 allows you to reach Piazzale Roma in less than 3 minutes.
- Taxi (approx. 2 minutes)
Shipping Materials to the Venue
If you need to ship materials to the venue, please bear in mind that the delivery date should be 31 March or afterwards. Before that, no guarantee can be made regarding safe storage of your materials. The materials have to be picked up from your chosen parcel service on Friday, 7 April between 8:00 and 19:00 CET.
Please find below the exact shipping address:
Venezia Terminal Passeggeri, Stazione Marittima, Terminal 103 - 30135 Venezia
Kindly note that no delivery/packing service is provided by the local organiser. Please approach your chosen parcel service for such services.