Personal medical devices help patients and citizens keep track of their health, monitor and improve
|The “IHE Profiles for medical device interoperability” training is organized by IHE-Europe and MedTech Europe.|
“Digital is not yet transforming our healthcare systems the way it should, and lack of interoperability is a major factor holding us back. The recent changes and alignments among the interoperability initiatives can get us there faster, but only if we embrace the new roles and understand the IHE processes. This training on the side of the IHE Connectathon comes at a critical juncture and we invite the medtech industry to join us.”
What are the benefits?
- Awareness about benefits of medtech device interoperability.
- Knowledge about IHE processes and procedures.
- Access to IHE experts and peer support.
Target audience: software engineers and product developers working on connected digital devices for citizens and patients
Content: The training will cover:
- Introduction to IHE in the interoperability ecosystem (incl. HL7, FHIR, IEEE and others)
- Future of Continua Design Guidelines
- Profiles for medical devices, testing and conformity assessment
- An IHE Connectathon VIP tour
- Alexander Ihls (IHE International)
- Charles Parisot (IHE-Services)
- Thom Erickson (PCHAlliance)
Place: site of the IHE Europe Connectathon Week, Autoworld in Brussels, Belgium.
Date/time: 27 March 2020, 9.00 to 13.00 (lunch included)
- Free for MedTech Europe members and members of MedTech Europe’s national associations
- Fee of €95 plus VAT for non-members (includes lunch and refreshments)
Full programme and registration here. Please register before 6 October 2020 COB.
Accommodation: see IHE Europe Connectathon accommodation page.
Restrictions: None. All participants are welcome.